IRIS and ISABELLA

Monday, November 10, 2008

Election Day!!

Iris participated in her first election! Brad and I weren't sure what would be the best time to go vote but he had a full day at the office and I didn't really want to stand in line by myself with Iris so we decided to just go ahead and get in line first thing in the morning. We packed breakfast bars and we each took our travel coffee cups with us. We plucked Iris out of her bassinet while still in her PJ's, packed a bottle and headed out. It was a rainy morning so Brad and I each took turns holding the umbrella over the stroller while the other read the newspaper. It was kind of fun for a little while but once we started to hit the 3 hour mark we were about done. Iris did great. She napped, Brad fed her breakfast, she met some of our neighbors in line and then napped again. The long wait started at the back of St. Johns High School a little before 7:00am...... Still waiting, still working our bottle.....

No comments: