IRIS and ISABELLA

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs!

As most of our blogger readers know, Brad is on a race car team. Each car has to have a theme and since their car is Italian and one of the teammates owns an Italian restaurant here in Charleston they decided to go with an Italian theme and named the car "Fasta Pasta." Before the race the cars are judged based on creativity and presentation. This year they decorated the car and cooked spaghetti to serve to the judges. Iris was also supposed to be there for the judging dressed in her version of an Italian car and dressed like spaghetti ands meatballs. Kind of like a little "mascot" for the team. I drove up on Friday morning and got her to Camden about 20 minutes before judging began----and right about the time Fasta Pasta died. It was also POURING down rain so Iris and I sat in the camper for several hours while they tried to work on the car but unfortunately it was never resurrected. Poor Iris never got to show the judges her car or costume but since I worked so hard on it I had to take some pictures and post them on the blog. The car actually had more pasta noodles, a fork stuck in the meatball on the hood and Iris was to be holding a big green can of grated parmesean cheese and a wooden spoon but
we just took these photos in the driveway when we got home and I was so over the whole event that I didn't bother with all the finishing touches--sorry.
Our Little Meatball!

No comments: