IRIS and ISABELLA

Friday, October 5, 2012

Lizard Land

Today while Iris was playing on the back porch she saw a lizard and then asked me what they ate.  I told her bugs and leaves (I have no idea). Then she asked for a bowl of water, an empty bowl, stickers and scissors.   I obliged and she stayed out there playing quietly by herself for about an hour. When I asked what she was making she said "Lizard Land."   Here she is posing with her completed Lizard Land. 

 Apparently, it's much more involved than I thought (yes that's a happy easter sticker and it's October  but we were running low on stickers). She explained that the leaves cut in half with the stickers on them were "hot air balloons for the lizards"...
 the leaves in a pile at top right are the" lizards bed"
there are leaves in the water bowl "so the lizards can jump in their bath"
and the whole leaves with one sticker are the lizards" hop scotch game."
Silly, I know, but I was truly impressed with her creativity and attention to detail!

No comments: