IRIS and ISABELLA

Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Great Lemon Race!

Ok, so these are the pictures that everyone has been awaiting. Brad competed in his first "24 Hours of Lemons" race which is a spoof of the famous "24 Hours of LeMans" race held annually in France (I think). Their team consists of about 8 team members and the team name is "Team Dog Ciao" pronounced "Dog Chow." (There is a reason for this name but I forget). Their car is a 1974 Alfa Romeo Spyder which they could not pay more than $500 for and then could not do more than $500 worth of repairs to it excluding safety equipment. As you can see in the pix below, they also made a leopard "bra" for the car and stenciled the famous line from the movie where Anne Bancroft sticks out her bare leg and Hoffman says "Mrs. Robinson, You are trying to seduce me." Brad getting strapped in after a short stop in the garage for some mechanical adjustments. And then....he's off!
Good job Honey!! (I must admit, he did look quite handsome in his race suit.)
The above driver is not Brad but I thought it showed how well the car handled on the track. They finished 60th--something out of about 100 cars. Hopefully they will have better luck next year. (I personally hope Brad will find a new hobby).

No comments: