
Although we took lots of pictures at the party I almost forgot to take your "official" 2 year picture. Luckily I remembered before bed so we took the photo in your new Elmo PJ's. I think this will be the last monthly sign photo. 2 years old is a good stopping point and I'm sure I'll do good just to remember Isabella's picture every month for the next 2 years.
You are such a big girl and every day you do something new. The other day you looked outside when it was raining and said "Daddy, it's raining and it's cold outside." That was your first big sentence. Usually you just say words or small phrases. They are getting longer though. You have gone from pointing and saying "car" to "a car" to "it's a car" and now you usually say "I see a car."
You a terribly afraid of bees. We are not sure why but if you see anything flying from a gnat to a wasp you scream "a bee, a bee, a bee!" and come running and crawling on top of whoever is closest to you.
You still LOVE books. I have started reading you a book before bedtime each night since your daddy decided to take your pacifier away. He wanted to take it away when you turned 2. I agreed. I did not let him take it away from you on your birthday which he wanted to ( that's just too mean). We started the next night. If I lay you down you scream for a bit but if your daddy puts you to bed he just says "no,
paci is gone" and you say "
Ok" and go straight to sleep. I'm not sure why it works better for daddy. Maybe because you have figured out he will not get it for you and if you scream long enough I will break down and take it up to you. He also tried to take away your duck and frog
lovies because he thought you associated them with your
paci (which you do) but I couldn't handle that. The second night I snuck them back up to you and put them in your crib in case you woke up in the middle of the night and needed them. I know, that is so wrong. Parents should be on a united front but I just couldn't bear you sleeping without any of your comfort items. I guess that means they have become my comfort items as well.
One of your favorite items right now is a barefoot dreams winter sweater that a friend gave you when you were born. It was big so it did not fit until you were about 1 but you still go in your closet several days a week and make me put it on you---did I mention it's 100+ degrees here right now? Anyway, you call it your "coat" and
every time I put it on you you rub your face on the sleeve and smile and say "soft" and wear it around the house the rest of the day.
You are doing great at being a big sister. You still refer to Isabella as "baby." You'll repeat "Izzy" or "Bella" if we say it but you prefer to just call her "baby." You do not like anyone else to be around her. When I take you into your classroom at camp and the other children gather around her stroller to get a look you grab the stroller and start screaming "my baby, my baby" and pushing them away. I had to start leaving her in the hallway while I take you into your classroom. A lady from the school's office helped me push her stroller to the car last week while I was carrying you and you about had a fit because she was pushing Isabella. You don't show a lot of interest in her at home but if anyone else comes near her you get pretty protective.
I could go on and on writing about you but I'll just close with saying that you're the cutest sweetest thing in the world and you bring multiple smiles to our faces every day. Your daddy and I love you so much! Happy Birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment