IRIS and ISABELLA

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Boating Weekend

We borrowed my parents boat thinking it would be more "baby friendly" and went boating this weekend. On Saturday we went to Kiawah and tried to anchor on the beach. It lasted all of 20 minutes. By the time I got all the beach blankets out and Iris' Sun Cabana set up and staked into the ground Brad had a small debacle which ended in him burying the anchor into the bottom of the ocean floor without the anchor rope being tied to the boat--OOPS!! I had to quickly pack up everything and throw it all back into the boat as Brad held it in the waves. No, it was not a fun day. This pix is from Saturday. Iris fell asleep on the way out to Kiawah and I needed a place to set her while I threw anchor. I set her straight up in the chair and she just continued to sleep. She is completely out in this picture. This is the only picture I got on Saturday since our trip was cut short.However, we went out again on Sunday. This time just for a boat ride. We anchored in a creek for a quick snack and to let Iris cool off. Iris can not get food into her mouth with her life jacket on and she topples over when we set her on the floor of the boat anyway--it's very funny. We had the radio on and this is Iris dancing and clapping.....

No comments: