Just when you thought Iris' room could not get any pinker we decided to go all out and put pink carpet in it as well. The carpet is SUPER cute though! It's a Disney princess carpet and has little tiaras and squiggly designs in it and the color is very subtle. Iris ran around in circles and rolled and rolled all over it. Then she started checking it out and looking at all the designs. I think she really likes it.
This isn't the greatest picture but you can see a few little tiaras in there.
Iris is now saying a new word almost every day. If you say something, she'll often repeat it right back to you.
Some of her favorite words/phrases lately are:
"Mine,"
"Stop it," and
"I'm sorry" ( sounds more like "Sowey" and she says this all day long, not just when she does something bad so it's never said with much sincerity)
When I buckle her in her car seat she now says "Go, Go, Go....Beep Beep." It's very cute and makes me laugh every time she does it.
She can also say her name but it's a struggle to get her to do it. Instead she just looks at you and smiles. Hopefully by next month we'll have it mastered.
My mom has been counting with her when she climbs up or down stairs. I did not realize this until one day we were going up the stors and she started saying "1, 2,3..." I couldn't believe it so I called mom and she said she's been doing that with her lately. Now I make it part of our routine as well. She does pretty good and can count to ten if you do it with nher but often she still says "1, 2, 3" and then skips straight to "8." Perfecting that will have to be another goal for next month as well.
I wish I could say she is branching out with her eating and trying new things but she is not. The only meat she will eat is chicken but only nuggets from Chick-Fil-A and bacon. Other than that it's mainly fruit, cheese, yogurt and pasta. And not any pasta, just those processed cheese cups of pasta you put in the microwave. She also has an obsession with ice. She calls it "cold" and will stick her hand into any cup you have laying out and dig ice out of it. She has also learned how to open our ice maker. Several times I have found her standing at it with the door open eating ice.
She has been dancing a lot lately. Her favorite dance tunes seem to be from the Wiggles show. She stands in front of the TV, puts her hands in the air and starts dancing.
She does have some issues with sharing but we're working on those right now as well. It worries me because we're not sure how she's going to adjust to the new baby. I guess we'll find out soon enough. I can't believe our little baby is going to be a "Big Sister" any day now!

No comments:
Post a Comment