IRIS and ISABELLA

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Isabella is 4 Months!

As usual, I can't make a decision so I am posting all three of these pictures. There were about 12 so at least I narrowed it down a bit.
This last one is not a great picture but I love the smile and it shows your personality the best. You are the happiest baby I've ever seen and you crave attention. Probably because competing with your 2 year old sister makes getting any tough. If anyone just looks your way you light up with a huge smile and start kicking your feet and waving your arms. You just love for someone to sit and talk with you. If you've been ignored too long you'll let us know it too. You won't whine or cry but you start squawking until we come get you. Then you immediately start laughing and smiling again.
At your 4 month check-up your stats were as follows:
Weight: 12.3 lbs. (16th percentile)
Height: 25.5in. (88th percentile)
Head Circumference: 17in. (93rd percentile)
You sleep 8 hours at night. Unfortunately it is from 7:00pm to 3:00am so I still do not get a full nights sleep. You go right back to bed after I nurse you and then you sleep until about 6:00am. I keep reaching over and plugging your mouth with your paci until about 6:30am. Then I give up and just get up with you for the day. You'll be starting rice cereal soon and if that helps you sleep longer you'll be moving upstairs to your crib in the next week or so.
You still take about 3 naps a day and they are always in your swing.
Your hair is getting longer but it kind of looks like a little boys haircut or a even a toupee. Many people mistake you for a boy so I'm now making a point to have a hair bow in her hair every time we leave the house.
I feel bad because there is not a lot more to write about you little Isabella but that is because you are still in the eat, sleep, poop stage. That's mainly what you are doing but you do love to watch Iris play, you like TV and you are doing lots of drooling and playing with your fingers. I've given you teething rings but you prefer to suck on your blanket or your fingers---usually 3 at a time.
You still do not enjoy tummy time so it only lasts about 1 minute. However, you did almost roll over from your back to your stomach the other day. We are still practicing that though so I'm sure it won't be too much longer until you are doing new things every day.
We Love You, Happy 4 Month Birthday!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Yea, Isabella! Love that precious smile. I wouldn't be able to choose between those pictures, either. Also, Iris cracks me up with her "occupation outfits" and "bayball game" - she needs to come play at our house!