IRIS and ISABELLA

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Occupation Week

Iris has really been into playing dress up this week. We think she's trying to figure out what she wants to be. So far the choices are a Pianist Fireballerina...
or a Welder Grocery-Bagger Mommy.
I'm not sure I'm happy with those choices. She loves to pretend now. I find her talking to her dolls and having a whole conversation going on with all of them--I usually don't understand most of it but she certainly knows what she is saying. She played "Bayball game" (baseball game) all by herself the other day. I'm not sure what she was doing but she would throw the bat down and push it under the refrigerator and then run around the kitchen island over and over yelling "1,2,3, Go!" Then she would get the bat, push it back under the refrigerator and start all over. It lasted about 30 minutes and she kept saying "Bayball game." I have no idea where she saw a baseball game being played. This is a Football, Basketball, Golf and Nascar only house.
She also wakes up talking and goes to bed talking. Her top 10 phrases right now are:
10. "What wong?"--said to Isabella when she is crying.
9. "Dank You" --her version of "thank you," she always remembers her manners and says this when you give her something
8."Help! I Stuck" --usually said when in her car seat or highchair and wants out.
7. "Kiddie Kup"-- This is how she says "Hiccup." I took me a while to catch on but she only says it when she is hiccupping.
6. "Wain and Funder" -- We have been having a lot of thunderstorms lately.
5. "Mommy/Daddy Are You? Dare you are, I Found You!" --I love this one!
4. "Dat Yucky!" --from bugs to dirty diapers, everything seems to be yucky these days.
3. "babybug" --That is how she says" ladybug" but she calls all bugs that now.
2. "No, Me Not!" --usually said when I tell her we are going to change her diaper or take a bath--always said with attitude.
1. "Mine"-- I think we'll be hearing this one a lot for the next several years, especially when Isabella gets old enough to play with her toys.
She also likes to talk about birthdays a lot. We really played up her own birthday last month and since then we have been to several birthday parties. When she sees anything that reminds her of a birthday she says, "Happy Day To You, Cake." This morning when she woke up she asked "open presents?" We told her no presents because it was not anyone's birthday so she then asked "cake?"

No comments: