IRIS and ISABELLA

Friday, September 10, 2010

Day of Dora

Dora The Explorer was at the Aquarium today. Iris already had the orange shorts, pink t-shirt and purple backpack so after picking up some yellow socks we were all set for the occasion.
(I swear the socks are yellow)
Isabella didn't have the t-shirt and shorts but I thought this dress was pretty close and I threw some yellow socks on her as well. I just knew there would be a number of little girls all decked out in their Dora attire---WRONG!!! Mine were the only ones dressed like Dora. Oh well, I'm sure some moms thought I was crazy but I thought it was super cute.
Iris and Julian colored their Dora pictures while we waited for Dora to arrive. We also decorated little purple backpacks--I forgot to take a picture of those, sorry!
When Dora arrived Iris was super excited. I could barley contain her as we stood in line to wait and get our picture taken. When it was finally her turn she ran towards Dora waving and saying "Hi Dora" then all of a sudden she stopped and looked at me. I told her to go stand by her so I could take her picture but she got scared and would not go any closer. Therefore, I also got my picture taken with Dora.... After pictures they handed out maps and we followed Dora through the aquarium. After Dora left we stayed for a bit and watched one of the Scuba Divers swim around in the tank and give a presentation about caring for and feeding the fish. It was pretty interesting and Iris seemed to like watching him and the fish. As we were leaving she waved to him in the tank and said "Bye Scoobey." It was a ton of fun and a great morning. I held Isabella up to the tanks and she really seemed to enjoy watching all the fish. Both girls were fast asleep on the way home.
Then after her nap, Iris insisted on wearing this rain jacket. Here she is explaining to me how it was "waining and fundering" outside. It was a beautiful day outside--GO FIGURE?!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

We had so much fun with you all there - I'm uploading my pictures now. Got one of the backpacks so you'll have to come see :) Also, love the dress you made for Isabella - talented!!