IRIS and ISABELLA

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Disney Cruise, Day 1

Thursday we arrived in Port Canaveral and made our way to the Disney Wonder. I know, many of you are thinking "A cruise with a 5 month old and a 2 year old? Are they crazy or stupid?" We prefer to refer to the decision as "overambitious" and that quickly became the word of the week. Our cruise got off to a good start. I still think Iris' favorite part of the whole vacation was wearing this life vest with built in whistle for the mandatory safety drill.
Isabella did not find it quite so enjoyable... After that it was the Bon Voyage party on deck. Iris really was having fun but every time I took a picture her expression changed to this worried look. She was "a bit overwhelmed" ---another phrase we continued to use for the rest of the week. Our Minnie Mouse cuties on the verandah. I loved our verandah but it also caused a lot of anxiety. Thank goodness for clear plexiglass. If anyone was wondering, "yes," you can fit four people and two playpens in one stateroom...

No comments: