IRIS and ISABELLA

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Disney cruise, Day 3

By day 3 we had it figured out. We got off the boat at Castaway Cay (Disney's private island) early in the morning for some fun in the sun. The weather was beautiful--sunny but not hot. Iris LOVED the water. It was so beautiful you could see straight to the bottom and these huge bonefish would swim right next to you.
It was a struggle to get Iris out of the water. She spent every second on the beach trying to get us to go back to the water and how could you say "No" to this sweet little thing. If you look closely you'll notice her sunglasses are upside down. That was her preferred way of wearing them all week. While daddy and Iris went back to swim, Isabella played it cool in the shade with mommy and practiced her sitting up skills.
Her two front bottom teeth broke through during the cruise so there was a lot of drooling and munching on those fingers.... After the beach we ate lunch at a big BBQ they had prepared and then it was back to the boat. As I said, Brad and I had it figured out by now and we gave both girls quick baths and then dropped them off at the nursery for their afternoon naps---Brilliant! Then we went to the adults only pool and enjoyed a cool beverage (or two) and some rest and relaxation.
The girls had great naps and everyone was in a good mood for dinner. Iris was very excited when we were all giving the wait staff a round of applause for their service during the cruise.
I'll take this moment to brag. Yes, I know, my family is beautiful, but really what I was talking about were the matching Minnie dresses. I made them and I thought they turned out well. Isabella's is actually reversible so you'll be seeing it again around Halloween. Iris's dress is not because I made hers first and didn't quite have the forethought to make it reversible--I'm still learning. (I did their Minnie Mouse T-shirt and onesie as well--see Day 1)
Isabella is really getting the hang of this sitting up thing...
except when big sister jumps on the bed and knocks her off balance. They were too cute playing on the bed together. Iris thought Isabella was tickling her which made her squirm and laugh which in turn made Isabella laugh and reach for her more. It was adorable to see them interact that way.
We'll be working on sitting "ladylike" though...

No comments: