IRIS and ISABELLA

Friday, May 20, 2011

Imagination Movers Concert

This weekend was the much anticipated Imagination Movers Concert! It was in Spartanburg so Mom and I took the girls up to Tryon early Friday morning. The plan was to get there in time for naps since it would be a late night. Luckily, that went well and everyone woke up in good moods and ready for the concert.
The girls in their Warehouse Mouse shirts ready to go!
Not sure why we are smelling a leaf???? I made a Warehouse Mouse T-shirt for Isabella and a Movers suit for Hank and Iris. Then, I was worried about it being too hot so I made Iris a T-shirt at the last minute. (Thanks for driving while I finished it mom!). It was a waste of time though. She would wear her blue Movers suit if it was 100+ degrees. No one ever saw her T-shirt. Oh well, it made for some cute pictures!
We ran into the Sanders in the parking lot. This is about the cutest picture I have ever seen. I'm not sure Hank knew what to do when Iris held his hand. Too cute!
Ready and waiting for the concert to start.
At first Iris was a little timid and just stood and stared. Eventually she started dancing in the aisle...
...and then she was off. She rushed the stage with the rest of the kids.
I spent the rest of the concert sitting on my knees in the aisle with some other parents just trying to keep an eye on her. At times all I could was her hairbow. She was pretty bold. She would push her way up to the stage and dance.
After the concert we went backstage for an afterparty and to meet the Movers. I'm not sure who this girl is on the left but I do know she had the "real" Movers suit that cost $75.00. I think Iris and Hanks look pretty close and for a 1/3 of the price! Yeah Mommy!
The Sanders Family trying to convince Smitty they need to come to Charleston next year...
Isabella and Scott...
I think his excitement was too much for her. That and it was way past her bedtime!
Iris and Dave...
Genevieve from Choo Choo Soul was there also. We snuck in a quick picture with her as well.
Then each family had a chance to get their picture taken with the whole group. This is my favorite. I think it turned out great! The concert was a blast! We will certainly be back next year whether they are in Spartanburg or Charleston. They are super nice guys. They took their time and talked to everyone. I would recommend anyone with young kids to go see them. It was well worth the drive. The VIP passes for the good seats and the backstage party were well worth the money too.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Kim - I think you get Mom of the Year for (1) attending (2) having fun, and (3) making those outfits. I'm amazed! Good work :)